- In order to promote the construction of ecological civilization, effectively promote the classification and reduction of domestic waste, and regulate the classification of domestic waste at construction sites, these Guidelines are formulated in accordance with the Regulations on the Management of Domestic Waste of Shanghai Municipality, the Guidelines for the Configuration of Facilities and Equipment for the Classification of Municipal Domestic Waste (for Trial Implementation), and relevant laws, regulations and policy standards.
- These Guidelines are applicable to closed housing construction sites (hereinafter referred to as construction sites) with a construction period of 3 months and above and with office and living areas. Other types of sites that meet the conditions can refer to the implementation.
- All kinds of garbage generated in the construction site shall adopt the principle of “big diversion, small classification”, construction waste, bulky garbage and domestic garbage shall not be mixed and transported together.
- The signs, markings and colors of the separate collection containers in the area for the separate collection of domestic waste (containers can be personalized) shall comply with the city’s domestic waste classification signs, markings and color specifications; the garbage storage containers in the centralized storage area for domestic waste (garbage bins, etc.) shall be compatible with the city’s separate collection, separate transportation and separate disposal system, and the number of configuration shall be compatible with the amount of domestic waste generated and the frequency of collection and transportation requirements.
Responsibility for category placement management
- The EPC contractor is responsible for the management of domestic waste segregation on building and construction sites. The EPC contractor may entrust a third party service enterprise to implement the management of domestic waste segregation at the construction site.
- The person responsible for managing the sorting and dispatching shall set up collection containers at appropriate places in accordance with item 4 of this guideline in accordance with the regulations of the city on the sorting and management of domestic waste.
- The person responsible for separate collection shall complete relevant declaration procedures at the district sanitation management department and sign a contract with the sanitation operation unit for domestic waste removal. At the centralized storage and delivery points of domestic garbage agreed upon in the contract, the garbage will be sorted and concentrated for disposal.
- Set up separate delivery guidelines, and provide knowledge and guidance on domestic waste separation to site managers, workers and itinerant workers according to item 6 of this guideline.
- The City’s standards for the separation of household waste are.
(i). Recyclables are household wastes such as waste paper, plastic, glass, metal and fabric that are suitable for recovery and can be recycled.
(ii). Hazardous wastes, which are domestic wastes that pose a direct or potential hazard to human health or the natural environment, such as waste batteries, waste lamps, waste pharmaceuticals, waste paint and their containers.
(iii). Wet garbage, or perishable garbage, refers to perishable biomass household waste such as food waste, leftover food, expired food, melon peelings, flowering plants, traditional Chinese medicine dregs, etc..
(iv). Dry waste, or other waste, is domestic waste other than recyclables, hazardous waste, and wet waste.
- Those responsible for management are encouraged to refine the collection container settings according to the types of recyclables and hazardous waste and the need for disposal and utilization.
Guidelines for container settings
- Site office areas
Containers for the collection of recyclables, hazardous waste and dry waste should be provided in the office area of the site, with clear instructions for putting them out. Wet garbage collection points can be installed and the number of containers can be configured according to the internal management needs.
- Centralized feeding area
In centralized feeding areas, such as site canteens, separate collection containers for dry waste, wet waste and recyclables should be set up, and the containers should be placed in groups.
In site catering areas where delivery is used, separate containers for dry waste and recyclables should be set up in groups with clear guidelines. Wet garbage collection points can be set up according to the local conditions of wet garbage generation.
Encourage the centralized food service area with more wet garbage to install wet garbage treatment facilities on site according to the standard.
- Dormitory areas
Containers for recyclables, hazardous waste, wet waste and dry waste should be set up in groups in the dormitory area, with clear instructions on how to do so. The number of receptacles can be adjusted according to the needs of internal management.
- Public area
Collection containers for recyclables and dry garbage shall be set up in groups around the site, roads, passages and other public areas.
- Areas for centralized storage and delivery of domestic waste
If you’re interested in ground design, check out our blog-Floor Design